Pray for the work of SAT-7
Our prayer supporters play a vital role in our ministry. SAT-7 provides the churches of the Middle East and North Africa with an opportunity to witness to Jesus Christ through inspirational, informative and educational television services. Prayer is at the centre of that work.
Below you will find prayer news for May. Download a copy to share with your church. Subscribe to receive monthly e-prayer updates.
- Fellowship at sea - While on a ferry sailing off the coast of Turkey recently, Phillip* and Aref (SAT-7 PARS staff members) overheard two men speaking in Persian so they began to speak to them about Jesus.
Many years ago in Iran Phillip’s father was martyred for his faith. Since then he has carried on his legacy as a renowned worship leader and speaker on television.
One of the Iranian travellers named Hadi told them, “Oh yes, I love Jesus very much. I watch SAT-7 as much as I can. But my father is a fanatic. When he’s home, I don’t dare watch. When I can, there is one programme I really like to watch. The host sings, is so kind, and has green eyes. I cry over his music, when he tells me about Jesus.”
Then Hadi looked at Phillip and said, “That’s him! That’s him!” He had been watching the programme Phillip hosts on SAT-7 PARS! Astounded by this revelation, the group spent over an hour in conversation. They worshipped together in church the following day, and Phillip put them in touch with an underground church in Iran.
Like Hadi, many Iranians do not feel safe pursuing a relationship with Christ. SAT-7 PARS opens up a community of believers with whom they can fellowship and learn more about Scripture.
*Names have been changed for privacy.
- Our 12 week ‘Spotlight on Syria’ prayer campaign was launched in April and over 200 people have so far signed up to receive weekly emails. These emails include the latest news about SAT-7’s programme Just For You which is broadcast to Syria every Tuesday evening, prayer points and interesting news about the current situation in Syria.
Please pledge your prayer support online at www.sat7uk.org/SOS. We will send you weekly email updates that will help keep your prayers focussed. You can also request a campaign keyring that will remind you to pray.
- Eastern Easter, 28th April - 5th May, SAT-7 will be recording and broadcasting church services in Egypt celebrating the Orthodox Easter. These programmes will be aired on SAT-7 ARABIC on the following dates:
28th April (Palm Sunday): live from the Cave Church, Cairo.
3rd May (Good Friday): live from Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, Cairo.
4th May: Evangelical church Easter celebration from Heliopolis church 7:00-9:00 pm, then the Orthodox service from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am (5th May).
5th May (Easter Sunday): live from Kasr El Dobara Evangelical Church, Cairo.
Please pray that many viewers will understand the truth of the Easter story for themselves.
- We recently heard from a Syrian viewer via Facebook, in response to a discussion about forgiveness on Sat7's weekly broadcast to Syria, Just For You: “The Lord Jesus came to forgive us all our sins so we have to forgive even though it is difficult. We ask God to help us. In Syria there are many wounded after all the injustice, cruelty and hatred. We must forgive and leave judgement to the Lord of heaven. As it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’ Forgiveness is good for the soul.”
- A viewer from a viewer in Tunisia wrote: “I am hungry and thirsty for God's Word, so I watch your channel each day. God is revealing Himself to Tunisians. Pray for me and for them to know Christ.”
Prayer updates direct
to your inbox
Sign up here
THIS MONTH'S PRAYER
SUNDAY: As you attend church today, lift up the people of Syria to God. Ask Him to act to bring an end to the violence and lasting stability to this nation. Pray that He will give courage and protection to church leaders as they advocate for peace.
MONDAY: Praise God that the programmes in the Dari language are being watched and appreciated by viewers in Afghanistan. Pray for the unknown number of Christians who have to meet in secret. Pray that God will build up His Church in that nation.
TUESDAY: Pray for the Just for You programme as it goes out live from Lebanon this evening. Pray that it will bring encouragement and godly counsel to all viewers, but especially to those in Syria.
WEDNESDAY: Praise God for the impact that SAT-7 PARS programmes are having in the lives of viewers. Pray for Hadi and his friend, that they will be able to attend a church in Iran and they will continue to grow in spiritual maturity.
THURSDAY: Pray that the programmes going out on SAT-7 ARABIC over the Eastern Easter period will be a blessing to viewers. Pray that many will have a fresh understanding of what Christ has done for them.
FRIDAY: Pray for our audience relations team as they respond to viewer messages. Ask God to give them wisdom, compassion and the right words to say to each one.
SATURDAY: Pray that SAT-7’s relationships with many different church denominations and groups across North Africa and the Middle East will remain strong, and that our programmes will continue to encourage and bless believers, especially those who are isolated from other Christians.