Young people are a major focus of SAT-7’s ministry. Our Arabic language children’s channel, SAT-7 KIDS, is watched by around nine million children in the Middle East. Amazingly, independent research has found that one in three children in Iraq and one in four children in Saudi Arabia watch SAT-7 KIDS! SAT-7 PARS (our Farsi-language channel) and SAT-7 TÜRK also air programmes for children.
Bible Heroes (SAT-7 KIDS)
In this popular live game show, hosts Karen and Elie introduce a figure from the Bible and invite viewers to call in to answer questions and win prizes. At the end of the show, they give viewers a Bible passage to read in preparation for the next episode.
- Pray for inspiration and wisdom for Karen and Elie as they encourage their young viewers.
- Pray for all the children who watch Bible Heroes, that what they learn will bear fruit in their lives spiritually, academically and socially.
Smile (SAT-7 PARS)
In each episode of Smile, a live show for Farsi-speaking children, presenters Parastoo and Pendar share God’s love with their viewers through entertaining teaching segments, songs and prayer.
- Smile (for three- to eight- year-olds) launched in 2013. In early 2015, a second live programme, Smile magazine, was launched for seven- to 13-year-olds. Pray that the newer programme will encourage many more young people to grow in faith.
- Pray that religious freedom will be established in Iran, so that Christians among Smile’s young viewers will be free to live out their faith in peace.
Bedtime Stories (SAT-7 KIDS / SAT-7 TÜRK)
- Many children across the region cannot go to a Sunday school. Bedtime Stories, in which a presenter reads Bible stories to the young viewers, provides them with spiritual nourishment.
- Pray for all the children who watch Bedtime Stories, and ask that they will share what they have learned with their families, so that whole households may be impacted by God’s word.
“I can’t describe to you the amount of love and passion my children have when they watch Bedtime Stories before going to sleep. I have two sons, five years and two-and-a-half years old… My oldest son is very attached to Bible stories, and he keeps telling them and performing them the whole day.”
– A father from Kuwait
“I want to thank you for your wonderful channel; with you we really feel our children are safe. You are the only channel I trust to leave my daughter in front of when I am busy.”
– A mother from Egypt