For millions of isolated Christians, SAT-7 worship programmes and broadcasts from church services are a lifeline that enables them to be part of a worshipping community and the much wider Body of Christ. Seekers, too, can safely learn what Christians believe and start to grasp what a relationship with God through Christ might be like.
If not for the Cross (SAT-7 ARABIC)
For Lent in 2015, SAT-7 co-produced a series of inspiring devotional programmes called If not for the Cross. In the series, popular Lebanese worship leader and pastor, Ayman Kafrouni mixed teaching with worship led by a live band. Some episodes included an “Ask me about Jesus” segment with a well-known actor, musician or other artist.
- Ask God’s Spirit to guide Christian leaders as they seek to bring godly and timely wisdom, encouragement and challenge to viewers through televised broadcasts.
- Pray that worship programmes during festival times will strengthen each viewer’s individual walk with God as well as their sense of being part of the wider Church.
With Jesus (SAT-7 KIDS)
Popular children’s worship programme With Jesus is now in its second year. Led by experienced childrens’ prayer leaders, it helps viewers develop an awareness of God’s love and a vibrant prayer life. As many as 18 people are in front of the cameras at one time, creating an atmosphere full of activity and energy.
- Ask that, with God’s grace, SAT-7 children’s presenters will continue to be models of faith and witness for their young
- Give thanks that these programmes unite children in worship and prayer.
Conferences and events
Major Christian conferences and events draw some of SAT-7’s largest audiences. The hugely popular Count it Right and One Thing festivals in Egypt are just two examples. Christmas concerts and services were also broadcast last year from countries including Egypt, Lebanon, Kuwait, Turkey and Syria.
- Pray for the logistics of SAT-7 outside broadcasts, safety in travel, and successful sending of live programmes to our satellite uplink provider.
- Pray for viewers who appreciate watching large gatherings and church services from their home countries, whether they are displaced by conflict, forced to flee persecution, working abroad or otherwise isolated.
“I like this programme so much; the presence of the Holy Spirit is very strong. It is a blessed programme; that is why it makes a difference in the kids’ lives. God bless you all.”
– Marium, viewer of With Jesus
“I would like to thank you very much and express my admiration for the programme We Will Sing. After listening I felt peace… My lifestyle changed, and I feel I am closer to God now than before.”
– Moroccan viewer