Live calls to SAT-7 children’s shows are usually to answer quiz questions or to participate in games and contests. But David, a ten-year-old Iranian boy, called in to Persian kid’s show Golpand to pray for SAT-7 and its staff.
David and his family are currently living in Turkey – the decision on their asylum claim is pending. Following Jesus while living in Iran became too dangerous, so they fled. But it has not deterred David’s faith, or enthusiasm to learn more about Jesus.
“I love SAT-7 PARS. I watch it every day,” David said. “But my favourite show is Golpand.”
A powerful prayer
Golpand is a live interactive children’s show, aiming to teach biblical principles in a fun and engaging way through drama and games. Wise beyond his years, David prayed over the phone for SAT-7 PARS with maturity and authority, live on air:
I thank You, Lord, for them and their programmes and ask You to be with them. They are trying to help all Your children, so bless the network and touch the hearts of all who hear them. Dear Father, I pray that You protect us from anything that comes against us, protect us from any wrong thoughts and cancel any spell. I desire Your Holy Spirit. I submit to You the words of my mouth and praise You. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.”
After finishing his prayer, David sang a worship song and shared his dream of becoming a church minister. Presenter Meysam Rafieniya was hugely encouraged to receive David’s call. “This is why we do what we do,” he said. “Programmes like Golpand are important because we have a chance to send a message about Jesus to children in Iran where it is hard to learn about Him.”
Reaching young Persian speakers
Youth programmes based on biblical teaching are all the more essential considering the following statistics:
- Iran – 80 million population, 60% under 30 years of age.
- Afghanistan – 35 million, 46% under 15 years of age.
- Tajikistan – 8.5 million, 51% under 25 years of age.
SAT-7’s Persian channel has recognised the need to reach this strategic generation with increased content aimed specifically at youth. “The Persian-speaking population living in this region is so young,” said Moe Pooladfar, producer of a weekly live show for young adults aged 18 to 25 called 4:12. “We have an amazing opportunity through SAT-7 to spread the Gospel. SAT-7 can make the good news available to millions of open-hearted youth in the region.”
- “From the lips of children and infants you, Lord, have called forth your praise” (Matthew 21:16). Thank God for children around the world, like David, who have put their faith in Him.
- Thank God for kid’s show Golpand, which teaches Iranian children about Jesus. Pray for SAT-7’s Persian channel as it aims to produce more shows like this for young people.
- Pray for the estimated 200,000 Iranian Christians in diaspora, that they will find community, and teaching and resources in their own language.